Senior Frontend Engineer Web Platform Team George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For over 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At Erste Digital, we strive for for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
Your idea of a perfect offsite would be to perform code reviews with other developers. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you'll be responsible for implementing prototypes and new features for the George banking platform and adapting and extending existing ones. You'll also provide clean coding guidelines and improve the developer experience of the George Engineering Team. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team and make George shine for the user.
Your responsibilities and challenges
- Implementing prototypes and PoCs for features with the latest technologies
- Change and extend existing features, when needed with refactoring and codemods
- Provide clean code guidelines, supported by architectural fitness functions
- Implementing new core features for the George banking platform
- Perform regular code reviews for other developers
- Maintain and improve the CI/CD pipelines and the application build
- Improve application loading times and performance
- Extend and enhance the George Core Framework
- Improve the developer experience for the whole George Engineering Team
What you'll bring with you
- Several years of experience building single page web applications and with REST and GraphQL providing services
- Fluency in web development technologies with a good feel for what is and is not possible
- A bag-full of TypeScript and ReactJS knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Git, shell scripts and linux systems, containers
- Excellent knowledge of web application architecture (DDD)
- Good skills of refactoring and working with legacy code
- Proficient understanding of one or more object-oriented programming languages other than TypeScript (Java, Kotlin, Swift or C# preferred)
- Understanding the value of TDD, BDD and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Cypress) as a way to deliver software of higher value
- An ability to express your values and opinions and articulating them in fluent English
Why you will like us
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits
- We are open minded, and we are always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - we are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 2.800,- gross per month for this full time position. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.