Integration Architect for George (all genders)
As an Integration Architect, you are responsible for the planning, coordination, development, and supervision of activities related to the integration of our ERSTE flagship digital banking solution “George” with both group IT services as well as third-party solutions, to meet the business goals of ERSTE Group.
You regularly align with major stakeholders on the evolution and development of the “George” platform, cooperating closely with your IT and business peers, adding value to both technology and business domains.
You structure and drive the integration activities out of your strategic vision, in direct cooperation with product and project teams. You provide scalable solutions to problems, identify sustainable approaches, and critically challenge the status quo, providing constructive and pragmatic solutions. You monitor and assess relevant emerging trends, and evolve the “George” architecture in line with the expectations of the stakeholders in a complex, multi-national financial industry environment.
In addition to the above, you bring a pragmatic and balanced approach to delivering sustainable technical quality, in line with the challenges of modern application development.
What you´ll bring with you
- BS degree in computer science (preferred) or similar field, with 5+ years of relevant work experience – ideally in the financial industry
- Familiarity with modern architecture approaches
- Knowledge of common system integration methods and technologies, with a strong background in API design
- Rock-solid experience in Software Development & Architecture (Preferably JVM stack)
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and container platforms (OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Proven experience in managing relationships with business and IT teams
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for all things tech and a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- Able to stay hands-on while managing execution
- Experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS (ideally AWS tech stack) a plus
We like you because
- You develop the “George” architecture and integration standards
- You provide expert advice to product squads and project teams on use of integration, application and system architecture, focusing on best practices and industry standards
- Of your work with product squads and project teams, delivering architecture designs, technical specifications and implementation plans
- Of aligning implementation efforts across multiple products and technologies, including planning, progress tracking and stakeholder management
- You communicate project and product status to various levels of management
- Of partnering with leaders of other disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business and security architectures
- Of willingness for occasional regional travel (CEE)
- You complete all other projects and duties as required or assigned
Why you will like us
- Because you will be joining a dynamic team ready to make some serious impact
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and tennis to train the stuff away
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - we are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 3 500 gross per month for this full time position. But this is just a formality, we are more than happy to discuss your actual expectations.
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest, so please get in touch with us. We’d love to catch up.