UX Researcher for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For over 8 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At the George Labs, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent, and personal!
As a UX Researcher (all genders) you could positively impact the financial life of millions. Our various digital communication channels enable us to communicate clearly with our users, make sure they are always well informed & can take timely action whenever needed. We are always exploring new & modern ways to engage with our customers on their way to financial prosperity – this is where you’d be able to actively shape the roadmap within a team of experienced analysts, developers & designers.
Our team is responsible for developing the digital banking solution for Erste Group – George. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. We challenge each other constantly with thoughtful critique to improve our work and ask hard questions. Let us invite you to develop this platform with us into the next dimension.
User Experience Research is one of the key processes in our environment that actively shapes the way we develop products. UX Researchers at our team are responsible for creating deep knowledge about our customers and identifying core user needs. They play an incremental role both in specifying the desirability of products, and shaping UX/UI concepts from early-stage and ideation, through implementation and iteration. This practice, combined with classical research disciplines, leads to a better set of overall outcomes for customers and the business.
We're looking for a driven, experienced UX Researcher to support our research team and scale user-centered design throughout Erste Group. We strongly believe, when everyone is involved in research, everyone is closer to our customers.
There are a bunch of new digital banking projects in the pipeline, and we have an ongoing cycle of revamping our existing experience across web and mobile. There are lots of challenges for you to tackle on the road to customer centricity.
- Manage, design, execute, and communicate UX research studies using methods such as in-depth interviews, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, (online) A/B testing, and basic quantitative analytics
- Be responsible for stakeholder involvement and cross-country alignment in order to ensure quality and impact of research projects
- Work with a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Writers, Researchers, and QA Engineers to ship great work. In particular, you will work closely with UX designers and product owners and support them in creating a deep understanding of user needs, strategy, and priorities
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate and share results and recommendations throughout our development cycle. Your contributions impact the entire platform and an ever-growing customer base
- Push to find new ways to connect with our customers emotionally, create trust and build a lasting relationship with them
What you’ll bring with you
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in qualitative UX and CX research methods, such as user/usability testing (moderated and unmoderated, remote and in person), in-depth interviews, A/B Tests, experiments, user observation, diary studies, customer journey mapping and many more
- Experience in quantitative research, such as customer surveys, since we work in close collaboration with trend and market research and (big) data sources. Experience with customer data tracking/analytics is a plus
- Strong communication and facilitation skills to ensure that research insights are communicated to the team and made actionable. Also, we believe that many insights are co-created, which is why put emphasis on insights workshops, design sprints or similar activities
- We are international, and so is our research. You will bring the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently and use research tools in a sustainable way, so that research is scalable throughout teams, products and our international counterparts
- Basic experience in Governance of Research (ethics, consent, GPDR), Knowledge Management, Recruiting, Tools, Event Management and Asset Management
- You have values and opinions and you can articulate them in fluent English. For conducting research locally, fluent German is a must
- Work hard, but in a in a relaxed, open and state-of-the-art environment
- Provide everything you need to work and lots of additional benefits
- Have flexible working hours and are open for remote working
- Care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- Send you to conferences, workshops etc. and give you every chance to shine
- Value diversity in every aspect
- Are nice people and expect the same from you
- Guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary, dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 44.660 gross per year for this full-time position, but we know you are worth more than this
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up. It will also give you the opportunity to meet the team and to experience what working in one of Europe’s coolest office environments looks like.
What are you waiting for?