UX Researcher (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
More than 7 million people across Europe organise their personal finances with George. Where design meets technology, George stands out on an open platform. We invite you to develop this platform with us into the next dimension. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
We are agile. We are hiring. We are George. Join us in making banking simple, intelligent, and personal.
User Experience Research is one of the key processes in our environment that actively shapes the way we develop products. For a fast-moving digital banking platform like George, this practice, combined with classical research disciplines, leads to a better set of overall outcomes for customers and the business.
We're looking for a driven, experienced UX Researcher to support our growing research team and scale user-centered design throughout George internationally. We strongly believe, when everyone is involved in research, everyone is closer to our customers.
There are a bunch of new George projects in the pipeline, and we have an ongoing cycle of revamping our existing experience across web and mobile. There are lots of challenges for you to tackle on the road to customer centricity.
- Design, execute, and communicate UX research studies using methods such as in-depth interviews, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, (online) A/B testing, and basic quantitative analytics.
- Work with a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Writers, Researchers, and QA Engineers to ship great work. In particular, you will work closely with UX designers and product owners and support them in creating a deep understanding of user needs, strategy, and priorities.
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate and share results and recommendations throughout our development cycle. Your contributions impact the entire platform and an ever-growing customer base.
- Push to find new ways to connect with our customers emotionally, create trust and build a lasting relationship with them. Banking may be complex, but interacting with George has to be delightful and easy.
What you’ll bring with you
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in qualitative UX and CX research methods, such as user/usability testing (moderated and unmoderated, remote and in person), in-depth interviews, A/B Tests, experiments, user observation, diary studies, customer journey mapping and many more.
- Experience in quantitative research, such as customer surveys, since we work in close collaboration with trend and market research and (big) data sources. Experience with customer data tracking/analytics is a plus.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills to ensure that research insights are communicated to the team and made actionable. Also, we believe that many insights are co-created, which is why put emphasis on insights workshops, design sprints or similar activities.
- We are international, and so is our research. You will bring the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently and use research tools in a sustainable way, so that research is scalable throughout teams, products and our international counterparts.
- Basic experience in ResearchOps, such as Governance of Research (ethics, consent, GPDR), Knowledge Management, Recruiting, Tools, Event Management and Asset Management.
- You have values and opinions and you can articulate them in fluent English. For conducting research locally, fluent German is a must.
More about our team
We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. We challenge each other constantly with thoughtful critique to improve our work and ask hard questions. We encourage each other to think deeply about the problems that we’re solving so that we can deliver the best possible solutions for our users. We explore new ideas every day to improve both our product and process and look forward to new perspectives on both.
UX Researchers at George are responsible for creating deep knowledge about our users and identifying core user needs. They play an incremental role both in specifying the desirability of products, and shaping UX/UI concepts from early-stage and ideation, through implementation and iteration. We are always growing, learning, and adapting.
- Work hard, but in a in a relaxed, open and state-of-the-art environment.
- Provide everything you need to work and lots of additional benefits.
- Have flexible working hours and are open for remote working
- Care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs.
- Send you to conferences, workshops etc. and give you every chance to shine.
- Value diversity in every aspect.
- Are nice people and expect the same from you.
- Guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary, dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 43.316, - gross per year for this full-time position, but we know you are worth more than this.
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up. It will also give you the opportunity to meet the team and to experience what working in one of Europe’s coolest office environments looks like.
What are you waiting for?