UI/UX Designer (m/f) for George
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For more than 3 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At the George Labs, we strive for for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
We're looking for a driven, experienced Designer to refine George’s simplicity and apply it to new, amazing user experiences. There are a bunch of new George projects in the pipeline, and we have an ongoing cycle of revamping our existing experience across web and mobile. There are lots of Design challenges and tons of pixels for you to push.
- Have the opportunity to shape and contribute to the entire design process, from very early stage research and ideation, to iteration and implementation, harnessing your abilities to craft key experiences of the George banking platform.
- Work with a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Writers, Researchers, and QA Engineers to ship great work. Your contributions impact the entire platform and an ever growing customer base.
- Push to find new ways to connect with our customers emotionally, create trust and build a lasting relationship with them. Banking may be complex, but interacting with George has to be delightful and easy.
- Use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design and visual design to build magical experiences within our existing George Design System. Your understanding of composition, balance and aesthetics allows you to expand upon it to create new solutions and experiences.
What you’ll bring with you
- 4+ years of hands-on professional UX-related work experience, ideally with software or complex web/app-based applications and a portfolio that showcases your best projects.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You're comfortable working closely with developers and product managers, and know how to work in a team environment to deliver on customer and business value.
- The ability to think through user problems, propose reasonable solutions, test your assumptions, continuously incorporate feedback, and work with engineers to build them.
- A good knowledge of established UX patterns and how to translate them across multiple platforms to guarantee a frictionless experience for all our customers.
- A deep understanding of composition, balance and aesthetics and can both work within and expand the George style. We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same.
- Values and opinions and you can articulate them in fluent English.
- Open-minded attitude, dedication and passion about what you do.
More about our team
We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. We challenge each other constantly with thoughtful critique to improve our work and ask hard questions. We encourage each other to think deeply about the problems that we’re solving so that we can deliver the best possible solutions for our users. We explore new ideas everyday to improve both our product and process and look forward to new perspectives on both.
Designers at George are responsible for the complete user experience, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration. We are always growing, learning, and adapting. We're highly engaged and direct, helping each other to constantly improve our work and do the best work of our lives which impacts millions of people.
- Work hard, but in a in a relaxed, open and state-of-the-art environment.
- Provide everything you need to work and lots of additional benefits.
- Have flexible working hours and are open for remote working
- Care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs.
- Send you to conferences, workshops etc. and give you every chance to shine.
- Value diversity in every aspect.
- Are nice people and expect the same from you.
- Guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary, dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 2000 gross per month for this full time position.
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up. It will also give you the opportunity to meet the team and to experience what working in one of Europe’s coolest office environments looks like.
What are you waiting for?