Solution Architect – Payments / Multibanking (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At Erste Digital, we strive for for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
The George Business Multibanking team has an opportunity for an ambitious individual. The Solution Architect will support George Business Multibanking team with a focus on corporate payments connectivity. The Solution Architect will design and drive comprehensive solutions which meet business requirements in support of a given portfolio. The role requires a strong technical and architectural background with knowledge of multibanking connectivity & financial transaction communication. This person will also be accountable for solution designs, evaluation, and selection (buy vs. build decisions), and domain strategy.
- Design and drive comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements in support of inter-bank, intra-bank and global payments, and receivables domains
- Provide architectural support to key initiatives through ideation, design, scope, test, etc.
- Define technology roadmap and long term strategy by building a collaborative partnership between the Sales, Product Management, Architecture, Operations, and Development Teams
- Help define and maintain design specifications and standards as well as coach others in adopting them
- Drive technology strategy across multiple teams ensuring simplification and consolidation where possible
- Produce conceptual and logical architectures to meet strategic business, financial, and technology objectives
- Support the creation and maintenance of technology blueprints and roadmaps showing the evolution of systems from current to target state which meet strategic business, financial and technology objectives
- Support vendor selection activities including recommendations of when to make the appropriate build vs. buy decisions
- Manage tradeoffs between speed to market, quality, and financial impact
What you’ll bring with you
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science / related field (master’s degree preferred) or extensive technology experience
- Several years of working experience in a technology role with a focus in financial services experience preferably in transaction services, open banking, commercial payments processing
- Strong knowledge of multibanking standards like Open Banking/PSD2, EBICS, SWIFT & a sound understanding of payment & report formats and concepts of distributed signature
- Prior experience as a senior engineering leader overseeing architecture and engineering for enterprise-wide technology platforms either as solution or enterprise architect
- Profound written (technical) and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- The ability to work with various groups (business, technology, compliance, legal) and to lead complex, major changes and initiatives; experience with integrating teams across multiple business units and working with a geographically dispersed workforce
- The ability to stimulate and participate in creative thinking for out-of-the-box solutions
- You work effectively in a matrix organization with teams of architects, developers and business partners with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of broad technology trends and the ability to align innovation with business goals
- Experience in Financial Messaging environment strongly desired
Why you will like us
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- We're open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - we are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 56.448,- gross per year for this full time position. But this is just a formality, we are more than happy to discuss your actual expectations.
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.