Senior UI/UX Designer (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
7 million people across Europe organise their personal finances with George. Where design meets technology, George stands out on an open platform. We invite you to develop this platform with us into the next dimension. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
We are agile. We are hiring. We are George. Join us in making banking simple, intelligent, and personal!
We're looking for a driven, experienced UI/UX Designer to refine George’s simplicity and apply it to new, amazing user experiences. There are a bunch of new George projects in the pipeline, and we have an ongoing cycle of revamping our existing experience across web and mobile. There are lots of Design challenges and tons of pixels for you to push.
- Have the opportunity to shape and contribute to the entire design process, from very early-stage research and ideation to iteration, prototyping, and implementation, harnessing your abilities to craft key experiences of the George banking platform.
- Work with a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with engineers, product managers, writers, researchers, and QA engineers to ship great work. Your contributions impact the entire platform and an ever-growing customer base.
- Understand the user and business needs, gather requirements, and translate them into effortless user journeys and interfaces. Banking may be complex, but interacting with George has to be delightful and easy.
- Use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build outstanding experiences within our existing George Design System. You apply user-centric product design practices that are informed by user research, business objectives, and a strong design sensibility.
What you’ll bring with you..
- Several years of hands-on professional UX-related work experience, ideally with software or complex web/app-based applications and a portfolio that showcases your best projects.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You're comfortable working closely with developers and product managers and know how to work in a team environment to deliver on customer and business value.
- The ability to think through user problems, propose reasonable solutions, test your assumptions, continuously incorporate feedback, and work with engineers to build them.
- Good knowledge of established UX patterns and how to translate them across multiple platforms to guarantee a frictionless experience for all our customers.
- The skills to execute all design stages from conceptualization to final hand-off to the Engineering team. We love making things easy-to-use while beautiful and hope you feel the same.
- Values and opinions and the ability to articulate them in fluent English.
- Significant personal and professional drive to shape the product from a UX viewpoint and passion about quality, usability, and simplicity.
- Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust.
Why you will like us..
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today.
- We provide an encouraging, empathic, friendly, and professional environment, with all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook, mobile device, licenses).
- Our attitude is open-minded, and we are always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution.
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs.
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary, dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 2.556 gross per month for this full-time position.
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up!