Senior Java Software Engineer for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For more than 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At the George Labs, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
Above all else, you are a believer in the craft of Software Engineering and your ability to push the boundaries of what is possible to achieve with code. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues from the ideation of features through the conceptual and planning phases and bring innovative and high-performing solutions to life. Our team is responsible for delivering the data from the banks into the George ecosystem, handling millions of messages per day. You will take these details in your stride and make George shine for the user.
What you’ll bring with you
- 5+ years of experience in Java-based programming.
- A good grip of Design Patterns and multithreaded processing
- Nice to have: experience with Kafka and other messaging systems, experience with Cassandra or other distributed NoSQL databases.
- A love for code quality and testing
- A pro-active and independent working style.
We like you because
- You iterate fast, without compromising quality, while taking care of detail
- Clean code is your mantra as you look to improve what is existing
- Respectfully challenging your colleagues, and being challenged in return is welcomed by you
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help others learn too
- You can stand heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
- You have values and opinions and can articulate them in fluent English
Why you will like us
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- We're open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine within the George team
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. Whatever and however you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.