Mobile Automation Tester (m/f) for George
George is the digital banking hero to over 4 million European customers, combining design, technology and openness. Born and raised in the George Labs of Erste Group and the Digital Banking division of Erste Group IT, we are designers and developers, analysts and engineers, product owners and product managers, architects, writers, coaches, testers and, well, a few bankers. We are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious. And we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
We understand your pain. QA Engineers and testers do not get the respect they deserve! But with us, your scripting knowledge and mobile-based testing abilities is as much valued as the cool designs that come out of the creative team. You will work closely with our developers along the full user story, working together on the same code towards the same goal of providing market-ready software at the end of each Sprint. You will create well-structured and well-considered test cases, executing automation scripts using open source tools, all while keeping the nasty bugs away.
What you’ll bring with you
- A toolkit full of software development and QA experience
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and deep insight of software QA methodologies
- Proven milestones with test-driven Script development within an Agile/Scrum environment
- An ability to design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools such as Cucumber, Appium, Android studio, Xcode
- Solid working knowledge with XPath or JSONPath
- A natural confidence with your communication skills, while being fluent in English
You will impress us by
- Embracing ‘attention to detail’ as your daily mantra
- Monitoring all stages of software development without losing your sleep
- Confidently wearing T-shirts with the slogan ‘TDD & BDD are not diseases!’
- Being proactive and self-motivated without the ego to go with it.
- Having the nature to stand the heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
- Knowing that variety, changing trends, and constantly upgrading your skills is better than any alternative
Why you will like us
- An international collection of colleagues and a diversity of roles within the QA department welcomes you
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook Pro, mobile device, Jetbrains licenses...)
- Have flexible working hours and enjoy the possibility of home office
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- Encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- Feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and tennis to train the stuff away
- We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 1500 gross per month for this full time position
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Group IT, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.