Integration Architect for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For more than 6 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At the George Labs, we strive for for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
As an Integration Architect, you are responsible for the planning, coordination, development and supervision of activities related to the integration of our ERSTE flagship digital banking solution “George” with both group IT services as well as third-party solutions, in order to meet the business goals of ERSTE Group.
You regularly align with major stakeholders on the evolution and development of the “George” platform, cooperating closely with your IT and business peers, adding value to both technology and business domains.
You structure and drive the integration activities out of your strategic vision, in direct cooperation with product and project teams. You provide scalable solutions to problems, identify sustainable approaches, and critically challenge the status quo, providing constructive and pragmatic solutions. You monitor and assess relevant emerging trends, and evolve the “George” architecture in line with the expectations of the stakeholders in a complex, multi-national financial industry environment.
In addition to the above, you bring a pragmatic and balanced approach to delivering sustainable technical quality, in line with the challenges of modern application development.
We like you because you
- Develop the “George” architecture and integration standards
- Provide expert advice to product squads and project teams on use of integration, application and system architecture, focusing on best practices and industry standards
- Work with product squads and project teams, delivering architecture designs, technical specifications and implementation plans
- Align implementation efforts across multiple products and technologies, including planning, progress tracking and stakeholder management
- Communicate project and product status to various levels of management
- Partner with leaders of other disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business and security architectures
- Occasional regional travel (CEE)
- All other projects and duties as required or assigned
What you’ll bring with you
- BS degree in computer science (preferred) or similar field, with 10+ years of relevant work experience – ideally in the financial industry
- Familiar with modern architecture approaches
- Knowledge of common system integration methods and technologies, with a strong background in API design
- Strong business understanding and project management skills
- Proven experience in managing relationships with business and IT teams
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for all things tech and a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- Able to stay hands-on while managing execution
- Experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS a plus
Why you will like us
- We’re a team of experienced developers which loves to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- We're open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 50.652,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Group IT, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.