Head of Division Digital Banking Delivery (f/m/d)
The future of banking is digital. Digital transformation is happening at every level in the banking industry, and leading this disruption by delivering digital solutions across Erste Group, is what we do. One of our prized solutions is the award-winning digital banking platform, George, providing a desktop and mobile banking gateway for more than 4.5 million retail and micros customers in our region. We are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious. And we are looking for great people to help us deliver this promise.
As our head of division digital banking delivery, you will play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of our digital strategy and solutions within Erste Group, and hence support the continued success of our digital banking platform. Creating an environment that encourages high-performing agile feature squads to flourish and produce value is your pathway to delighting our customers. You will have an active role leading the implementation of the new agile way of working over multiple locations (Bratislava, Vienna, Prague) and be responsible for mobile and web George deliveries to our entities. The role requires energy, diligence, attention to detail and the ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders on all levels. You have already thrived in a dynamic agile environment, have significant agile software development experience and led bigger teams in a banking context, than you may be the right candidate for this job.
YOUR TASKS WILL BE
- Leading 4 feature clusters (several squads per cluster) as well as the agile delivery management team (100+ experts and growing). Motivate the teams by creating the conditions that allows them to be successful
- Taking responsibility and accountability for software deliveries to our entities, represent the George team in country steering’s and on top management level / board meetings
- Closely collaborate with country teams and with your peers, like the division head of digital integration/infrastructure
- Taking accountability for the quality of George
- Ensuring further improvement of internal processes
- Managing our cost base with internal and external parties
YOU WILL IMPRESS US BY
- Being a senior leader, highly skilled at working cross-functionally and building processes, communication and trust across teams
- Having experience as a senior leader in agile environments, having led agile transformations or large-scale agile programs
- Bringing fresh ideas on how to continually improve our delivery quality, processes and working environment to create the best possible delivery culture
- Embracing a proactive, can-do attitude and ability to lead while getting your sleeves rolled up
- Having a strong analytical mindset, that can create new ways of working to promote lean practices
- Holding a technical university education in computer science or a related discipline
- Having at least 10 years of experience in a related managerial role
- Being a natural communicator and networker, who can handle tough situations and decisions with a clear head
- Fluency in English as a must, Slovak and/or Czech are beneficial
WHY YOU WILL LIKE US
- Because we offer the opportunity to work at Vienna’s most innovative office, with an ambitious multi-national team that cooperates with colleagues across borders
- You have the opportunity to join the team, which introduced and is working on the most modern digital banking platform in our region
- You have the opportunity to work in an agile, continuously improving environment with a young and eager workforce
- Because we care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- Because we feed you with coffee and fruits and provides table soccer as well as table tennis to invigorate your working day
We offer a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 70.000,-- gross per year
The way we are
Welcome to the digital banking division of Erste Group it international (EG IT INT). We value that the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest, so please get in touch with us. We’d love to catch up.