Data Engineer for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For more than 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. Born and raised in the George Labs of Erste Group and the Digital Banking division of Erste Digital, we are designers and developers, analysts and engineers, product owners and product managers, architects, data scientists, writers, coaches, testers and, well, a few bankers.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
We are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious. And we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
Join our data team and help to empower the great group of data analysts and data scientists, that we are, with your ninja skills in moving data and transforming them fast, with a variety of technologies, and in the right format.
What you’ll bring with you
- ability to create reliable and scalable data-processing pipelines
- enthusiasm about the extraction, transformation and assembly of data coming from various source systems
- improvements to data flows by optimizing and automating existing internal processes in an agile environment
- value of data privacy and data protection principles
- experience with data streaming architecture and distributed systems
- willingness to document the work to achieve reproducibility and high quality of the output
We like you because
- you bring advanced knowledge of Python, working experience with libraries for data science and API development
- Of Shell scripting and UNIX/Linux administration
- you have proven work track with distributed computing technologies, e.g. Apache Spark
- Of knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and datastores such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
- Of basic experience with streaming technologies – Apache Kafka, Apache Spark Streaming, …
- you’re experienced with containerized services using e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- you know Version control (preferably Git) and have CI/CD experience
Why you will like us
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- We're open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. Whatever and however you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220, - gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.