Data Analyst for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For more than 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. Born and raised in the George Labs of Erste Group and the Digital Banking division of Erste Digital, we are designers and developers, analysts and engineers, product owners and product managers, architects, data scientists, writers, coaches, testers and, well, a few bankers.
We are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious. And we are looking for like-minded people to join us. As a part of our data team you will help to enrich the great group of data analysts and data scientists, that we are, with your skills in analyzing and visualizing data using a variety of technologies.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
What you’ll bring with you
- enthusiasm about the extraction, analysis and visualization of data coming from various source systems
- ability to automate the repeating parts of the data explorations to focus on creative work
- value of data privacy and data protection principles
- willingness to document the work to achieve reproducibility and high quality of the output
We like you because
- of advanced knowledge of Python, working experience with libraries such as pandas, numpy, seaborn, plotly, …
- of proven work track with SQL, querying Elasticsearch data is a plus
- of knowledge of BI tools such as Kibana, Power BI, Tableau or similar
- of understanding of distributed computing technologies such as Apache Spark, Hive, Impala and similar
- of version control (preferably Git) and some CI/CD experience
Why you will like us
- we're open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- we provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- we care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- we encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- new Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. Whatever and however you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220, - gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.