Cloud Engineer for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At Erste Digital, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
As the saying goes; ‘keep your feet on the ground, and your head in the clouds’, is the type of person we are looking for. Someone who has the foresight and expertise to define the cloud landscape, while being the person on the ground helping the customer and our teams succeed in the cloud journey. As a Cloud Engineer, you will facilitate, communicate, design and guide the implementation of cloud technical blueprints. You will ultimately be responsible for matching the technical design specifications with the needs of our customers, but also help our project managers and cloud engineers understand these requirements with clarity.
What you’ll bring with you
- Proven technical expertise in cloud technology and architecture SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and Digital Transformation related topics
- Multiple years of experience as an operations engineer, ideally with DevOps experience
- Scripting skills (bash / python), with Linux environment
- Strong trouble shooting and problem analysis skills
- Technical knowledge in any of the following areas: Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) or Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry)
- A natural confidence with your communication and team skills, while being fluent in English
- The right mindset for DevOps knowing the processes and the common tools (development pipeline, continuous delivery, automated testing, application analytics)
We like you because
- Having a background and interest in either enterprise IT or software development or application modernization, in a DevOps environment
- Your never-ending passion for Cloud technologies and your ability to quickly learn new ones
- Being fascinated in trying out new technologies and seeing new challenges as an opportunity to shine
- Embracing the opportunity to work in a team with a flat hierarchy and open culture
- Having the nature to stand the heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
Why you will like us
- Because you will be joining a dynamic, international and diverse workplace
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. Laptop, mobile device, licenses...)
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and table tennis to train the stuff away
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.