Android Platform Engineer for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For over 8 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At the George Labs, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent, and personal!
We are looking for an Android developer with a focus on DevOps and strong platform skills. Your main work is to evolve the George app on the Android platform by providing solutions to other teams, refactoring of central components and improving the build process and pipeline.
What you’ll bring with you
- Several years of experience in Android development and the deployment process.
- A healthy knowledge of Kotlin
- An expertise of Rest API, and source-code management using Git
- Profound refactoring skills and working with legacy code
You will impress us by
- Seeing the poetry in clean, perfect code as you look to improve what is existing
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration servers like Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Being familiar with Android Architecture Components, Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Compose
- Experience with performance tuning and memory leak analysis.
- Being open-minded, dedicated and passionate about what you do
- Respecting the challenges that others deal with, while strive to help the team reach its goals and potential
- Having the nature to stand the heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
- Expressing your values and opinions and articulating them in fluent English
Why you will like us
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits
- We are open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As a member of the George team, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin
colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.