Android Developer for George (all genders)
Banking has a name. And we create it.
For more than 9 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At Erste Digital, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
Others may see you as just a Developer, but we see you as an architect of elegant, maintainable code that translates to a beautiful user experience. As our Android Developer (all genders), you will implement new features for the George banking platform, and when needed, change and extend existing features with refactoring. Your role is center-stage to the overall delivery process, assisting business analysts in specking new features, and working hand-in-hand with the design team to help create the best possible user experience. You live by the mantra, clean code is king, and developing top-quality mobile apps is in your DNA.
What you’ll bring with you
- Several years of experience in Android development within a dynamic Agile environment
- A healthy knowledge of Kotlin
- An expertise of Rest API, and source-code management using Git
- Profound refactoring skills and working with legacy code
We like you because
- You assist business analysts in shaping new features
- You see the poetry in clean, perfect code as you look to improve what is existing
- Of experience with Android Architecture Components, Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Compose
- Of being open-minded, dedicated and passionate about what you do
- You respect the challenges that others deal with, while strive to help the team reach its goals and potential
- Of having the nature to stand the heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
- Of expressing your values and opinions and articulating them in fluent English
Why you will like us
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits
- We offer flexible working hours and are open for remote working
- We are open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and table tennis to train the stuff away
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - we are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 2.800,- gross per month for this full time position. But this is just a formality, we are more than happy to discuss your actual expectations.
The way we are
As an employee Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.