3rd Level Technical Support Engineer (f/m/d)
For more than 6 million customers across Europe, George stands for a digital banking experience that combines design and technology on an open platform. At the George Labs, we strive for everyone. We achieve this by empowering people to understand, manage and, last but not least, enjoy one of their most personal things: their money.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
We are searching for a candidate for the position “3rd Level technical support engineer” who could also help in Cloud operation.
Support Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse and investigate incidents on a technical level in the cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Support developers in infrastructure architecture topics
- Inspect and analyse logs (Apache, Tomcat, custom) and correlate information in several logs using tools such as Kibana
- See the “big picture” of the whole solution to be able to determine the root causes of problems
- Support in performance testing and analyse results to suggest software and infrastructure optimisation
- Support in application sizing and releases from test environments to bringing it to production
- Create and maintain operational documentation.
- Participate in the ongoing initiative to migrate on-premise infrastructure to public cloud
- Setting up and maintaining monitoring of applications for Service Desk teams (Kibana, Prometheus, File Beats and more)
- Investigate and suggest improvements to current infrastructure set up by staying up to date with the latest technologies and infrastructure.
- Do on-call support rotation (1 week on call in 6 to 8 weeks)
What you’ll bring with you
- Experience with
- Linux (mandatory)
- Elastic Search, Kafka, Cassandra (good to have)
- SQL queries
- Bonus: Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and other containers
- Understanding of
- Java Application servers / Standalone Java basic configuration
- HTTP/HTTPS, RESTFul API (JSON)
- Messaging services/Concepts (MQ, AQ, JMS)
You will also impress us by
- Proficiency in English
- Proactive communication
- Work independence and the enjoyment of solving problems and learning new skills
- Openness to work in a highly international environment
- Being a team-player
Why you will like us
- Because you will be joining a dynamic, international and diverse workplace
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. Laptop, mobile device, licenses...)
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and table tennis to train the stuff away
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - we are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 2000 gross per month for this full time position.
The way we are
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up