3rd Level Technical Support and Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)
For the international banking application (customer oriented) we are seeking a candidate for the position “3rd Level technical support and cloud engineer”.
Support Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse and investigate incidents on technical level in cloud and on premise infrastructure
- Support developers in infrastructure architecture topics
- Read and analyse logs (Apache, Tomcat, custom) and correlate information in several logs using tools such as Kibana
- See the “big picture” of the whole solution to be able to determine root causes of problems
- Support in performance testing and analyse results to suggest software and infrastructure optimization
- Support in application sizing and releases from test environments to bringing it to production
- Do on call support rotation (1 week on call in 6 to 8 weeks)
Technical and Cloud Engineer Tasks
- Create and maintain operational documentation.
- Participate in the ongoing initiative to migrate on premise infrastructure to public cloud
- Write and maintain CloudFormation scripts
- Setting up and maintaining monitoring of applications for Service Desk teams (Kibana, Prometheus, File Beats and more)
- Investigate and suggest improvements to current infrastructure setup by staying up to date with latest technologies and infrastructure.
- Kubernetes support
Required Skills and Experience
- AWS knowledge and hands-on experience
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experienced Linux user
- Understand Java Application servers / Standalone Java basic configuration
- Understand HTTP/HTTPS, RESTFul API (JSON)
- Understand Messaging services/Concepts (MQ, AQ, JMS)
- Experience with any of Elastic Search, Kafka, Cassandra
- SQL basics
- Proficient in English
- Proactive communication
- Work independently and enjoy solving problems
- Open to work in a highly international environment
- Open to learn new skills
Why you will like us
- Because you will be joining a dynamic, international and diverse workplace
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. Laptop, mobile device, licenses...)
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and table tennis to train the stuff away
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - we are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 2000 gross per month for this full time position.
The way we are
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up